Invisalign has helped many adults straighten their smiles and enjoy improved self-confidence. Invisalign Teen™ offers the same effective technology that the standard Invisalign system does, straightening teeth with a series of virtually invisible aligners— with additional features that compensate for Teen treatment challenges. Key among those features is the Compliance Indicator, which monitors wear time, eruption control, and root torque.
Invisalign Teen is removable, so you can eat whatever you want. You can even keep your teeth as clean as ever by taking out your aligners to brush and floss easily and without interference. This advantage may also be a disadvantage: It means you must resist the temptation to take your aligners out more than advised.
You can wear them to school, take pictures with your friends and enjoy a night out without ever having to worry about the way your smile looks. You can participate in your favorite activities, athletic events, or play a musical instrument without the interference of braces.
Why Invisalign Teen?
- Positive Self Esteem: Straight teeth and a beautiful smile can enhance self-esteem and self-confidence. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. Go ahead and SMILE.
- Oral Hygiene: Invisalign Teen™ is removable. You can take out your Invisalign trays and brush and floss normally allowing you to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Comfortable: There are no brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation, no metal or wires means you spend less time in the doctor’s chair getting adjustments.
- Dietary Choices— since Invisalign teen is removable you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment.
How does Invisalign Teen work?
- Wear each set of aligners for about two weeks.
- Remove only to eat, drink, brush and floss.
- Your teeth will move gradually each week.
- Visit us every 8-10 weeks.
- Total treatment time averages 8-20 months.
- Average number of aligners is between 18 and 30.
Also, please keep in mind that while wearing clear aligners is different from wearing braces, the importance of retaining your post-treatment results is exactly the same. You’ll want to be sure to wear your retainer(s) exactly as prescribed after your treatment is completed to protect your investment in a beautiful new smile.
Clear aligner technology has been improving over the years and can correct many problems with your teeth. Yet there are still situations for which braces would still be best. We would be happy to discuss this in detail with you.